Pages


Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Laundry Room: Our Dirty Little Secret

Cleaning out the dryer lint trap is second nature to everyone. However, I am not sure when we last cleaned out the dryer vent, but when the dryer was no longer drying clothes we took a look.

Eewww, he is putting his hand in there.
First, we disconnected the vent from the dryer and the wall.. Taking off the vent may not work for everyone but our vent is short so it wasn't hard.


This is where the vent meets the wall.  I can see some light.


This is what we, I mean Jack, took out of the vent. I can't even begin to imagine what this stuff is. I think we will put this into a 6 month cleaning rotation. At least now the dryer works great again :)  

If you haven't cleaned your vents you should. It definitely helps with the efficiency of the dryer, not to mention this the stuff that can catch fire and burn down your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment